Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mudbox sculpting

So here's a bit more progress on my Anubis statue. I'm adding some finer details in Mudbox which is a 3D sculpting program. It's alot of fun to use because it's more like actual sculpting and drawing than anything you might do in Maya or 3DS Max. However, I do wish I used Zbrush instead only because I've used Zbrush before and there are more people and teachers at my school who know their way around Zbrush better than Mudbox. And also I've never opened Mudbox before so that was a bit of silly move on my part lol Although moving and navigating around in it is identical to Maya and all the tools are there up front and pretty self explanatory so it wasn't too hard to pick up.

Here's a quick little vid detailing what Mudbox is all about:



I wanted to record the entire face sculpt but the computer was lagging too much from the recording so I had to cut it short to get more work done on the model. It's a little hard to tell what's going on as well :\ Anyway here it is! The vid is about 4 minutes long.

Anubis Mudbox sculpt from Christa Carpenter on Vimeo.



Here are some stills:






No comments:

Post a Comment