Friday, September 24, 2010

Finals week and possible comic concepts.

Well finals week has finally come and gone, this was by far the toughest most mentally/physically straining quarter I've had while being in school. I had four project heavy classes and I couldn't put 100% into either of them because of time and program availability. Many sleepless nights, issues with money, Life in general got in the way as it usually does. I overall only came out with mediocre assignments that I'm not all too proud of and barely passed my classes by the skin of my teeth. Not too happy with myself at the moment.

I already put up my Materials and Lighting final a couple days ago so here's my Advanced 2D Animation final and my Intermediate 3D animation final.

Advanced 2D is far from being finished and it's very unpolished. I have to step away from it for now because at the moment I'm tired of looking at it.

Advanced 2D animation final from Christa Carpenter on Vimeo.



Intermediate 3D final actually didn't come out too bad but I still think it could be improved on.

Lipsync Final from Christa Carpenter on Vimeo.



In some lighter news a friend from school and I are planning a comic project. It was actually from a group project from this quarter and we liked the premise and the idea so we decided to take it further. Here's a few sketches I drew up, it was originally for the group presentation, these aren't final designs for the possible comic but something along the lines I was thinking for these two clans. Anyone from DA might think these look familiar to the Civil War Red vs. Blue idea but...that was purely coincidental. These guys aren't really fighting each other anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment